Dirtbike Rider Picture Website
|More Information on the Kawasaki KMX Models|
The Kawasaki KMX is a water-cooled 2-stroke
motorcross bike. There are two versions, the KMX 125 cc and the larger 200 cc model under the KMX title.
They both feature front and rear disc brakes, water-cooled engines, mono link suspension (Kawasaki's Uni-Trak system) and a power valve system (KIPS).
The A and B model denotes whether or not the bike has been restricted down to a power output deemed necessary for a learner with a provisional drivers license in some countries or an A1 motorcycle license in the United Kingdom, The "A" models, running from 1986 to 2001 came from the factory in a unrestricted form, producing 20 bhp at the rear wheel easily reaching 85 mph with some modifications to the gearing ratio (sprockets).
Specifications of restricted 'B' model
- Top speed: 71 mph
- 1/4-mile acceleration: 18.4 secs
- Power: 12 bhp
- Torque: 9ftlb
- Weight: 110 kg
- Seat height: 865 mm
- Fuel capacity: 9 litres
- Average fuel consumption: 55mpg
- Tank range: 110 miles
- Insurance group: 5
- Engine size: 124 cc
- Engine specification: Water-cooled, Single-cylinder 2 Stroke, 6 gears (One down, five up configuration).
- Frame: Tubular steel cradle
- Front suspension adjustment: None
- Rear suspension adjustment: Preload
- Front brakes: Single 230 mm disc
- Rear brake: 210 mm disc
- Front tyre size: 2.75 x 21
- Rear tyre size: 4.10 x 18
Kawasaki KMX 200
- Year: 1987-1992
- Engine: Liquid cooled, two stroke, single cylinder, piston reed valve induction.
- Capacity: 191cc
- Bore x Stroke 67 x 54 mm
- Compression Ratio 8.0:1
- Induction: 26mm Mikuni carb
- Ignition/Starting: Kick
- Max Power: 30.4 hp @ 8500 rpm
- Max Torque: 18.6 ft-lb @ 7500 rpm
- Transmission: 6 Speed
- Drive: Chain
- Front Suspension: Air assisted leading axle telescopic.
- Rear Suspension: Uni-Trak rising rate monoshock, adjustable preload.
- Front Brakes: Single 213mm disc
- Rear Brakes: Single 183mm disc
- Front Tyre: 3.00-21
- Rear Tyre: 4.60-17
- Dry-Weight: 100 kg
- Fuel Capacity : 9.3 Litres
- Range: 100 miles
- Top speed: With a very strong tailwind 100 mph (indicated)
Copyright by Dirtbike Rider Picture Website 2021
The photo 2001-Kawasaki-KMX-Models-10185.jpg (2001 Kawasaki KMX Models - Uploaded for: glenn v. santos) was uploaded by: email@example.com.